Monday, May 9, 2011

Beaded Binky Clips

What you need:
- beads
- beading wire
- crimp beads
- metal clips (found at fabric store)
- jump rings
- clasps

I started out with a long piece of wire. I put about 15 glass sead beads towards the middle of the wire. Then I looped the metal clip on where the seed beads are. Next you'll want to make sure your two ends of the wire are even, and string on a crimp bead through BOTH wires. I thought doubling up the wire would make it more durable! Press your crimp bead down.
Next, string your pattern along the double wire. This is the fun part!

When I got to the end of my pattern, I put a little bling bead there - personal preference of course! I like the idea of having something a little extra next to where the binky is going to be clipped.
String on a crimp bead, followed by a jump ring. Loop your wire around the jump ring and back through the crimp bead to secure it in place. Press your crimp bead down.

String more seed beads after your jump ring. I don't know how many I did, but you can kind of measure how big you want your loop to be as you go.

When you get to the end, string on a crimp bead and then a clasp. I like lobster clasps myself. Pull your wire back through your crimp bead to secure your clasp in place. Press down on your crimp bead.

Loop your binky where the seed beads are, and attach the clasp to the jump ring.
Done!

I think they turned out pretty cute! Now I want to make a whole bunch more for our new baby girl! It's okay if she has multiple colors....right????

Website Reference



No comments: